Remember to Forget!


The world wants people who could remember. As I was a student I was appreciated for my memory skills and scolded for my forgetfulness. 

Though remembering is good, at times it becomes a problem. To love someone you need to selectively forget some of the wrong things they have done. In 1 Corinthians 13, we read “Love keeps no record of the wrongs…” 

I have a notebook where I record blog ideas or sermon ideas that flashes in my mind.  If I don’t record I tend to forget all of them. We record so that it would help us remember our ideas. 

Some keep record of all the wrong things people do to them. Though not in a notebook, they write it down in their heart. 

Bible teaches us that one of the elements of Loving is not to keep records of the wrongs people do to us.
My prayer today is to remember to forget the wrongs of people in my life because I want to practice Love. Love keeps no record of the wrongs….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Love Test!!

Enraged Jesus