Wake up, O Lord!

 I am using the following words to speak to God.

Wake up, O Lord! Why do you sleep?  - Psalms 44:23

Why do you look the other way?
    Why do you ignore our suffering and oppression?  - Psalms 44:24


Wake up, my God - Psalms 7:6

That's how i feel. I feel that God is sleeping when we are suffering. I am comforted that God in his mercy has given me these words of the psalmist and encourages me to be honest in my prayers. 

I am also reminded of Jesus who slept through the storm. The roaring winds and the waves did not seem to wake him up. His disciples cried out to him saying' Don't you care if we drown?

And Jesus woke up. The voices of his disciples/followers/friends woke him up. Its amazing that the one who was not disturbed by the mighty winds and waves was disturbed by the feeble fearful cries of his people.How did he hear their voice amidst of the storm?

Hope my voice would disturb him. Lord wake up. Lord calm the storm. Lord rebuke my sorrow, fear restlessness, and unbelief.  But, Lord wake up. 

Lord i know you never sleep....Lord wake up. 



  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Riches to Rags - The Story of Christmas

A Voice Shouting!